Friday, 15 May 2015

Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock DLP



released: 21 Sept. 2012
recorded: Febuary 2012
DLP
86mins


A1. I
A2. II

B1. III
B2. IV

C1. V
C2. VI

D1. VII
D2. VIII


Aluk Todolo is an instrumental trio from France, that draws inspiration from various genres including krautrock, black metal, downtempo... even surf parts can be heard. Their third studio album Occult Rock, serves as quintessential work, displaying the bands musical repertoire. Some of the songs have been in development since the band's formation in 2004, while others are relatively new.
All songs were recorded live, in one take if I'm not mistaken. These eight tracks, each of them capable of standing on it's own, create a sonic journey when listening to the entire album.





2 comments:

  1. nice! Thanks mate, I've been so busy I have no time to post shit. I hope the other folks can post some stuff \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't posted since November (moved to another place), so don't apologize! It's your blog after all (;

    ReplyDelete